Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Smokies in Jeopardy

The government shut down as of midnight last night. As a Libertarian, I rejoice at the bloated dead corpse of the government becoming a little less bloated. The sour point is that the national parks closed, and this of course could have a negative effect on my trip to the Smokies. While I don't understand how the Federal Government can tell citizens to stay off of land that they owe (remember...we the people own those national parks, not the government!), I must respect the laws. We are coming up with a "Plan B" should the park not open within the next 9 days. Most likely, we will be camping at Ole Bull State Park in north-central PA and fly fishing the legendary Hammersly Fork wilderness. It ain't the Smokies, but it's still wild country with bear, elk, and hilljacks.

4 comments:

  1. Sasquatch,

    I have a back up plan for you, if you want to travel 45 min. South from the park. I am confident to put you on as good if not better water than your primary plan.

    I am Breck on LRO forum.

    You would be in my backyard and given the importance of your trip I would do anything to assist you. Just let me know.

    You can still salvage a great trip.

    Breck

    breckdavis100@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breck thank you! I'll email you about this.
      Thanks
      Andy

      Delete
  2. Thanks Coty. It'll work out somehow. Either way, we are spending 4 days in the wilds somewhere fly fishing. I can't be too upset.

    ReplyDelete