Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A great looking weekend

My updates have been slow in coming, and that's because the fishing has been slow in coming. I was able to get out to a local Class A freestoner that I haven't fished much in the past. I only got one brookie (first one of 2013!) but it was a beautiful stream. I look forward to hitting this gem in the Spring.

I'm also watching Ebay right now for a new rod and reel. Probably going to be getting that yellow Eagle Claw and a Martin 61 or some such classic reel. I would like a shorter 4/5wt for these little streams.

This weekend, however, is shaping up quite nicely. I have a 5 day weekend. Saturday I'll be chasing browns in Valley Forge National Park. Monday I'll be going after 'bows in York County. I'll work in a day to go after brookies too. So hopefully come next week, I'll be able to photobomb this site!

3 comments:

  1. there's lots of glass on the mall in the sky (ebay) I like the length (6'6") of the eagle claw. it's a great size for small streams, but I personally wonder about the bright yellow color. I'm considering making a ghillie suit to wear while fishing, and waving around a yellow stick seems weird. maybe they can be colored camo? There's some glass on right now item#230912866337 that seems more earth-toned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Mall in the Sky" huh? That's good! I'm always on there, looking for glass. That's a nice blank, but I'm not feelign up to building a rod yet. I ended up getting a 6'6" Featherlight. I have a sweet little Ocean City reel ready to go for it.

    My next purpchase is gonna be a 7/8wt glass rod to go w/ the reel I got for Christmas. After that, a 2/3wt rod. Then maybe I'll be done buying glass rods...onto cane!

    I tend not to worry about the color of my rod. I figure, if the fish see the rod, they probably see me and its all gone down the crapper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your plans for your rods! Don't wait so long on the cane.... make that your 2/3! I don't use glass yet, but I have been keeping my eyes open on eBay.... I kind of want to take a 9 foot 3 piece and turn it into a ultralight 2 piece

      Delete