Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Feelin' the Heat

I was chatting with a friend online last night about the video I made. He enjoyed the video and had a good laugh. Good. That was the point! I wanted to show a rare gem of a stream, some beautiful fish, and do it all with a good sense of goofiness and humor. I'll never do an "instructional" video or anything like that. I'm not a good enough fisherman, and there's a million wanna-bes out there doing that crap already. My short videos will always be about good times and the fun of fly fishing. Even still, my friend was pointing out that by putting a fly fishing video up on the interwebs, I'm opening myself up to all sorts of ridiculous ridicule. He said for himself, it got to the point where one person was actually criticizing the color shirt he was wearing. He noted that no matter how carefully we handle the fish, someone will tell us we were abusive. No matter how secretive we are about our location, someone will accuse us of spot burning. Fine. Bring it on. If you can't watch a 5 minute video clip of a couple of loafs having a good time and catching beautiful fish and enjoy yourself, laugh along, then that says more about you than it does about those of us who dare to share our love of fly fishing. I welcome the ridiculous comments. If anything, it gives me fodder for the commentary in my next episode. Speaking of which, there are at least three more episodes planned for this year. One will be of my trip up to North Central PA in June, one will be a warm water video once the cicada hatch happens, and I plan on doing one of my trip to the Smokies in October.

2 comments:

  1. I thought your video was great. having fun is what it is all about. keep it squatchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I haven't gotten any crap, this post was a preemptive response ;-)

    ReplyDelete