Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day After Christmas Brookies

This was a rare day for December. I actually got off work early enough to go fishing! Of course it was snowing, sleeting, freezing raining and all that mess. Still, I didn't want to miss the opportunity to fish, so I grabbed my Fenwick and hit a local freestoner.

I love this stream. No one was around, not even hunters. My bootprints were the only evidence of human life. New wading boots, by the way, courtesy of LL Bean and Santa Clause, very comfy! I got into a few brook trout on this beautiful wintery day. I couldn't raise any fish to my dry, all the trout I caught were hitting a HE dropper. They were hitting and fighting hard though. Didn't seem at all sluggish.Great day on the water. May be my last outing for the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment