Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Pflueger is Pfixed!

The great Medalist Repair of 2012 may have been a pflop, but the Pflueger Pfix of 2013 was a pfull success!

Last week while working at the bank, a buddy of mine popped up in the drive-thru window and passed me a reel through the drawer. He said someone gave it to him and I could have it, as it was old and too heavy. As I brought  it in, I thought it was a Medalist 1494 AK. Pfalse. It was a South Bend knock off. A poorly made knock off, if I may say so. The material just pfelt really cheap. He said to me, "It seems to be of poor quality, but maybe you can use some of the parts to pfix your Medalist."

He was right! I took it home last night, and sure enough, the reel pfoot is a perfect pfit! I mean, it's just perfect. I'm more than excited to have my pfavorite reel back. Now if I can pfind a replacement spool for my Heddon 310, I'll be set! The Pflueger now has its proper place on my Pfenwick, and my Ocean City has been put into retirement, the Martin 61 that had been on my PFenwick is now sitting comfortably on my Eagle Claw Pfeatherlight. Pfiberglass is ready to go!

Today is Opening Circus in PA (pfirst day of trout season). The truck chasers and slobs are already lined up elbow to elbow for their chance at pfilling their coolers with pfresh-out-of-the-truck "trout". As soon as I pfinish work at noon, my pfather and I are heading out to a local wild stream that pflows into a stocked trout water. We'll park w/ the pfirst day crowd just to check out the circus, and then head up this tiny trib for some solidarity and native brook trout. I do hope the kiddies have pfun though, and the pfirst day has the same effect that it had on me as a kid-putting a love of trout pfishing in their tiny little hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment