Thursday, March 7, 2013

The storm that never was

By all indications, yesterday should have been Southcentral PA's biggest snowstorm of the year. Even the ever reliable footsforecast.org had Lancaster County under the 5-10" range, with up to a foot in the southern portion of the county. The kid in me was excited at the prospect for a late season snow storm. The hours at work are getting long and if the stormed timed itself right, getting a day off work was a great possibility.

As I woke up to find it 40 degrees and raining, I was a tad bummed. Then I saw the weekend forecast, calling for 50+ degree days on both Saturday and Sunday. The small stream brookie whistle was wetted last Saturday, and my thoughts quickly turned towards another outing this weekend. No snow=no melt. No melt=higher water temps on Saturday. Higher water temps=more active trout.

1 comment:

  1. I'm supposed to be getting the storm tonight... hope its a similar story, good luck

    ReplyDelete